Please follow our simple candle care instructions to ensure a safe, clean burn, straight down the sides of the glass with little or no wastage.
Candle Care Instructions
- Every time your burn your candle, allow the wax to melt right to the edge of the glass so the whole top of the candle is fully liquefied evenly around the edge (approx 3-4hrs). This is called a memory burn and will prevent your candle from tunnelling. This is most important on your first burn but should be repeated every time you light your candle to ensure you get the full burn time of your candle.
- Use a wick trimmer to carefully trim excess wick between burns. You will see your wick has a blackened tip (usually between 3-5mm) this is the excess wick. Trimming this away ensures the best, safest, and cleanest burn. Only trim your wick when it is completely cooled. If you do not have a wick trimmer you can gently snap off the excess wick with your fingertips.
- Always use a stick lighter to light your candle and ensure your candle is on a flat surface. This will prevent black smouldering on your glass from using a lighter or matches.
Trouble relighting your candle?
This is either because you have not burnt your candle right out to the edge of the glass and it has created a tunnel and/or your have not trimmed your wick. Trimming your wick is essential in-between burns as you cannot light burnt wood. Simply trim the excess wick and relight.
You may notice small liquid beads, known as sweating, on the candle surface, natural soy wax is very sensitive to fluctuations in temperature and this is a normal occurrence, as we do not use additives to prevent it occurring. This does not affect the performance of the candle. It's not necessary, however, you can remove this by simply wiping with paper towel prior to burning.
Our candles are free of colour dyes, so you may notice natural discolouration at times due to the fragrance oil.
Keep out of the sun! Candles can melt in a hot car or direct sunlight.
- Use a click lighter or bbq lighter to light candle. This will prevent black smoldering on the glass.
- Always burn candle until the liquid wax pool reaches around the entire edge of the glass. This will prevent tunneling.
- Keep the wick trimmed by either snapping off the excess burnt wick with your fingers when the candle is cold or using a wick trimmer.
- Keep the candle wax free of any loose wick trimmings.
- Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Ensure your candle is on a stable, heat resistant surface, away from curtains, drafts, pets and children.